Friday, September 3, 2010

Doctorly Advice: LOTS of fried chicken!

Yep, you read correctly.  At the RE today I got advised to eat lots of fried chicken!!  I bet that doesn't happen very often.  I went today for my follow up since I started taking Metformin about 2 months ago.  The good news is I haven't lost any weight!  But unfortunately I have not gained any either...  Still hanging steady right where I was last time.  So we were discussing my Met side effects (which got pretty horrible there for awhile but have kind of tapered off), and the fact that I am supposed to be gaining 10-12 pounds while eating low-carb to decrease any negative Met side-effects.  This is where the fried chicken recommendation came in.  I have to say I laughed out loud, then thought about asking for a prescription for this.  Do you think they will accept my insurance card at KFC?

So here's the plan: I have another follow up in 4 weeks.  I am to continue to take 1000mg of Metformin daily plus 1000mg of cinnamon supplements to help with the insulin resistance.  She's not too concerned if I don't make it up to 1500mg/day of Met since my body doesn't seem to like it all that much.  Hopefully I will have started a period before my next appointment and then I am to go in and get some Day 3 labs done.  She said we would then look into a mid-cycle pelvic ultrasound to see if I have a maturing follicle.  If I don't have a period before in the next 4 weeks then it will be time for Provera at that point.  October will be almost exactly a year that I have been off birth control and we have been TTC.  I am trying my hardest to keep a positive outlook and believe that AF will come and all will be good :)  Keep your fingers crossed for me please?

In other news, we got rid of one of our cats today.  It is a little bit bitter-sweet.  We have another cat and a Chihuahua still.  We had been thinking about re-homing Paisley for some time now.  She is very timid and the other animals totally picked on her.  I felt like she lived in a hostile environment in our house!  Rascal (our other cat) and Bentley (the very spoiled dog) have such dominant personalities too that they made sure that they were always center of attention.  I have thought for awhile that she would do better being the only pet in a home.  Then I found someone through work who has been looking for a cat!  It seemed to be a match made it heaven, so we went through with the transition today.  I did shed a tear when I left, but the woman who took he is so sweet and is going to give her all kinds of love and attention.  Plus she said I could call or visit whenever I wanted.  Can't get much better than that!  I really think it was the best move for everyone involved.  We are now much calmer as a two-pet houshold!

Now it's Labor Day weekend!!  And somehow I was fortunate enough to get the whole weekend off of work.  My mom is coming to visit tomorrow (which I am very excited about!!!) and we will be spending some time with Tony's family as well.  I should have some pictures to share by next week.  Hope everyone has a great long weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment