Friday, April 22, 2011

5 weeks... and sleepy!

This week I worked my first 3 in a row (12 hour nights, for those of you who don't know!) since we found out that we're expecting. Oh my goodness... I am exhausted! I can't pinpoint whether it is because of the pregnancy and all my body is going through, or if it is due to the fact that I have cut my caffiene consumption down to 1/3 or less of what it used to be! Probably both... I can't cut caffiene out completely with working nights, and how addicted I have been! But I am very limited. One small cup of coffee or one Wild Cherry Pepsi (my new obsession) daily. That keeps the headache away but is still a reasonable amount of caffiene for me to have. Better than the half pot or more of coffee I used to drink. Whoops! In any case, I made it through work (and even a horrific experience floating to another unit!) and it's a good thing, because I have a lot of 3-in-a-rows to get through! There will probably come a time when I have to schedule myself a little differently!

I am a little conflicted on when to tell at work that I am pregnant. It wasn't too much of an issue this week because I had big feeder-grower babies who didn't have many issues. However when you start adding the x-rays and possible infectious stuff of a new admit or very small baby, it might get kind of tricky! I definitely will not do anything that could harm our baby, but I also am hesitant to tell too soon. I will at least wait until after our first ultrasound at 7 weeks, and maybe even after our second one around 9 weeks. I would like to wait until after 12, but I have to do what is right for our little bug! I will just have to play it by ear and hope for good luck. If it comes down to it, I can always tell the supervisor in confidence. Hopefully they wouldn't spread the news!

Other than my sleepiness I haven't had a ton of symptoms yet! Sometimes I worry about that but it seems like most commonly symptoms start around 6 weeks, so I have another week to go. I am definitely hungry ALL the time, my boobs are sore off and on (TMI?! Sorry..) and I have some ovary/uterus cramps every once in awhile. I have heard this is normal, as long as there is no blood. It still worries me though. I am settling in for 9 months of being totally neurotic. I hope Tony is prepared. Lol!

Alright signing off for now with another picture... 5 weeks on the dot and nothing but bloat to show! Oh well, I'm sticking to my weekly pictures till I have something to show off!! (I apologize for the glasses and no make up, I just worked three nights in a row!)

No comments:

Post a Comment